Dreamy, creamy, dairy free deliciousness… That’s how I would describe this dressing. Lets all just agree that cashews are magical– the real MVP’s of vegan sauces and spreads!
Why I love cashews:
- Excellent source of heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids (hello good fats!)
- Good source of copper, phosphorus, magnesium and zinc
- They fill you up and make you feel satiate
- So versatile and creamy (vegan cheesecakes, sauces, milks etc!)
Fun fact: Cashew nuts are actually seeds that grow from the bottom of a cashew apple. Check out the pictures. It’s crazy!
Anyways, I stumbled upon creating this recipe by accident one day. I started out thinking I was going to make my creamy cashew fettuccine alfredo, but halfway through I decided I wanted salad instead. And voila, this dressing was born.
Toss it with salad, zoodles or anything else you can think of. Top your dish with crispy chickpeas or cashew parmesan. Choose your own adventure. Let me know below in the comments how you served it!
- ¾ cup of cashew nuts (raw, unsalted)
- ¾ cup of unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ + ⅛ tsp of sea salt
- 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar (unpasteurized)
- 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 1½ tsp of garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- Pour all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend for 2 mins until creamy.