I always find myself returning home after a long day craving a healthy and balanced meal. The problem is that I’m usually so tired that I don’t have the effort to prepare one!
This Italian Quinoa Salad has easily been my go-to lately. I usually pre-cook quinoa and store it in the fridge so the prep time isn’t longer than 10 mins. This girl has gotta eat when she’s hangry!!
This salad is my favourite way to a quick and healthy balanced meal. Quinoa is a complex carbohydrate, chickpeas and quinoa provide us with protein, and creamy avocado for our healthy fat. You will feel perfectly nourished and energized after this meal.
Store any leftovers in the fridge. It makes a perfect work lunch!
You can watch my Youtube video on this recipe here!
If you try this recipe, make sure you let me know! Leave a comment, rate it or snap a photo and tag it #deliciousnutrition on Instagram!
- 1 cup quinoa (dry)
- 1 can chickpeas
- 5 big romaine leaves
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup peas
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1 avocado
- 5 basil leaves
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle of Italian spices (2-3tbsp)
- Add your dry quinoa to a pot with 2 cups of water and bring it to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover, cooking for 12-15 mins (or prepare it ahead of time).
- Heat up your frozen peas according to the package.
- Prepare the fresh ingredients by chopping your romaine, celery, cherry tomatoes, and fresh basil.
- Add all of your ingredients to a BIG bowl and Mix!