A couple of months ago I began my search to make the perfect healthy, gluten-free and vegan pancake recipe. Let me tell you, it was not easy. The first attempt was messy and inedible. Trying to flip pancakes that don’t cook properly is no fun!
Then BOOM, this oatmeal pancake recipe was born and I haven’t looked back. I’ve made these pancakes every single weekend for my family since. They beg for them!!!
The base is made from oat flour, almond milk and ripe bananas. These pancakes are so healthy it’s practically like eating oatmeal. No sugar rush or sluggish feeling that you would get after eating a normal pancake.
I featured these pancakes in one of my recent YouTube videos and many people were inquiring about the recipe!
If you try this recipe, make sure you let me know! Leave a comment, rate it or snap a photo and tag it #deliciousnutrition on Instagram!
- - Pancakes
- 3 cups oats
- 2¾ cups almond milk
- 1 cup ripe bananas (spotty)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- - Blueberry sauce
- 2 cups blueberries
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Preheat a non-stick skillet/pan over medium heat.
- In a high-speed blender, add your oats and blend on high until it becomes a fine flour.
- Add the rest of the pancake ingredients until blended well.
- On your pre-heated skillet pour approximately ¼ cup of batter and spread into a circle. Cook until bubbles start to appear and the edges are firmer and darker then flip and cook on the other side.
- For the blueberry sauce: Add your blueberries and maple syrup to a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and pour it generously over your pancakes and top with fruit. Enjoy!