Do you ever wish you would just get home and dinner would be ready for you?
This easy, fast and mess-free slow cooker quinoa chilli will do the trick. With a little prep in the night or morning you can come home to a delicious meal and a good smelling house (seriously though). The best part is that the cooking process only takes one bowl… the crockpot! So go ahead and do a no dishes dance!
Aside from warming up your soul, this chilli is highly nutritious. It’s packed with many veggies, a good amount of protein and complex carbohydrates.
This recipe is part of the #VancityVirtualPotluck! Nearly 40 of my fellow Vancouver food bloggers joined together to make a rad menu full of tasty recipes. Once you’re done, you can click the arrow to go to the next recipe or you can find the full menu here.
If you prefer visuals:
- 1 red pepper
- ½ of a yellow onion
- 2 small yams
- 1 shaved carrot
- ½ cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1 can of black beans
- Spice Blend:
- 1 tbsp of chilli powder
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- ¼ tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of oregano flakes
- ¼ tsp of cayenne
- a bit of fresh cilantro
- Lime juice
- Dice your red pepper, onion, yams and tomatoes.
- Use a potato peeler to shave your carrot into long thin slices.
- Add all ingredients (including spice blend) to the slow cooker and stir.
- Turn the slow cooker on the high setting and cook for 6-7 hours.
- Stir 1-2x during cooking if possible.
- Serve and top with avocado, cilantro and lime juice.