Refined sugar free and gluten free granola that’s actually good? SAY WHAAAAT!?
This granola is perfect when on top of your favourite coconut yogurt or smoothie bowl. Trust me!
In this case, the reason we can get away with a granola that’s sugar-free is because of the dates. Dates are a perfect source of natural sugars and they won’t spike your blood sugar (they have a low glycemic index).
You also can’t go wrong with cinnamon, I pour it liberally on practically everything!
The crisp almonds and seeds add protein and healthy fats. The flakey oats and coconut create a perfect texture. While the sweet dates and cinnamon prove to be an irresistible flavour combination.
One batch of this goodness won’t be enough!
FUN fact: This recipe was actually the first recipe video I made for my Youtube channel!
If you try this recipe, make sure you let me know! Leave a comment, rate it or snap a photo and tag it #deliciousnutrition on Instagram!
- 1 cup almonds
- 10 dates (chopped)
- ¼ cup of pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup of pepita seeds*
- ⅔ cup of coconut flakes
- ½ cup of oats (ensure gluten-free for celiac)
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of goji berries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees f.
- Add all of your ingredients (except oats and goji berries) to the food processor and chop them a bit using the medium setting.
- Once combined, add your oats and pulse the food processor gently a few more times.
- Spread your combined mixture on to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place it in the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes, mixing once half-way through.
- Add your goji berries and bake for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
*Pepita seeds are shelled sunflower seeds.